How To Order By Credit Card
Vital Statistics Act
|1)||Certificate of Birth, Death, and Marriage *
|2)||Certified Photocopy of Birth, Death, or Marriage Registration *
|3)||Search of Records - each three-year period
|4)||Changes to Registration (Corrections, not including certificate)
|1)||Marriage Licence and large certificate**
||Civil Marriage (subject to G.S.T.)***
||Change of Name (includes one large certificate)
||Each additional individual under 19 years of age included on an adult application
|2)||Change of Name Certificate *
|3)||Certified Copies of Documents
|Note - Applicants 18 years of age or older will also pay a criminal record check fee of $25.00, and fingerprinting fees to the RCMP or RCMP-accredited affiliate.
Wills, Estates and Succession Act
|1)||Wills Notice of Registration or Change or Revoke
|3)||Request for Search of Alias Names (per alias)
||BC Online Handling Fee for Wills (subject to G.S.T.)
||Genealogy Certified Registration Copy and/or extended Search
|2)||Commemorative Birth Certificate
||Witnessing of signature for Vital Statistics documents
||Certification of documents for Vital Statistics purposes
||Cheques returned for Non Sufficient Funds (NSF)
* An inclusive charge of $60.00 will be made for Courier Service applications for Certificates or Photocopies of Births, Deaths, Marriages and Change of Name. Courier service requests are produced the next business day. Delivery time by courier is dependent on the shipping designation. A certificate will be generated upon confirmation of a record held. A birth, marriage or death certificate cannot be issued if the event is not registered. Please note speed of processing for each event registration can vary. It could take up to three weeks to process your courier request, if the event is not registered at the time your request is received. If no record of the event is found, a fee will be charged for the search process.
** A large marriage certificate will be issued at no additional charge after the event is registered.
*** Marriage Commissioners are authorized to charge the following fees for solemnizing a marriage:
|Base Civil Ceremony Fee
- $25 per hour for time spent preparing and performing the ceremony, rehearsal, and travel time. (Additional fees apply only to time over and above one hour which is included in the base ceremony fee.)
- Mileage: $0.52 per kilometre.
- Parking or ferry (if applicable)
* The base civil ceremony fee of $78.75 applies to civil marriage ceremonies which are organized and performed within one hour.
**** An additional charge of $33.00 will be made for a Wills Search application requested and provided by Courier Service.