Ordering a Vital Event Certificate Using a Credit Card
You can order certificates using our secure online electronic ordering system, by using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit card. Please note that payment cannot be made by using a combination credit-debit card. This easy, convenient way of ordering your documents online provides an immediate application, notice of receipt to you and in most cases, where full and complete information has been provided, will have your request in the hands of Canada Post for delivery the next business day.
Contact the Vital Statistics Agency by Telephone
Call toll-free 1 888 876-1633 in British Columbia to order certificates by telephone. From outside of B.C., call 250 952-2557.
Due to high volume demands on our operators, you may find that waits for the next available operator can be lengthy.
Processing time for certificates is 2 to 5 business days.
Processing time for certified photocopies is 20 business days.
Documents are sent by regular mail after the indicated processing times.
Courier Service costs $60.00 per certificate. For courier service, applicants will receive special handling for the processing of the document requested. Our Agency will produce the document the next business day. In the event we are unable to produce the requested document, the applicant will be contacted by telephone in an attempt to resolve the processing issue. All documents are printed in Victoria and sent by Canada Post Priority Courier. Delivery time is dependent on the shipping destination and may be tracked through Canada Post. Please contact our office directly for assistance.
Canada Post Priority Courier Delivery requirements:
- There is no delivery on weekends or holidays.
- All courier deliveries require a signature for receipt. If a signature cannot be obtained, a Delivery Notice will be left with instructions for pickup at your local post office.
- Identification must be provided by the applicant, before the post office will release the document.
- Delivery will not be attempted at the following residence types, rather a Delivery Notice will be left at:
- Apartment Complex
- Homes that utilize Super Box Mailboxes
- Basement suites
For information on delivery standards, please visit Canada Post online.